Strategy and Insights Lead Merch Excellence
Strategy & Insights Lead
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
The Merchandise Excellence Team develops and aligns enterprise business planning, seasonal planning, activation and analytics. In addition, this team leads the company in establishing and implementing ongoing initiative intake and prioritization processes to continually assess, select and activate company priorities. In 2019, the team will have a heighten focus on optimizing strategy development and execution disciplines across the various routines in merchandising and that impact the company. Finally, the Merchandise Excellence team partners closely with Target’s Merchandise Excellence Operations team (Chief of Staffs) to execute cross company routines.
As a Strategy & Insights Lead, you will have to wear multiple different hats. Key goals will include:
- Lead Quarterly Business Review process and analysis
- Support QSD process by owning Guest/Industry/Market Share analysis and inputs
- Lead insights CFT to conduct cross-company analysis to answer key business questions for Merch LT and drive strategy/action
- Act as lead conduit between Merchandise Excellence and insights teams
- Identify and define routines for further integrating insights from across the organization into the QSD process
- Drive enterprise seasonal insights and recommendations
- 4-year college degree
- Outstanding analytical skills – ability to synthesize insights from multiple sources and translate into strategies and tactics.
- Experience leveraging industry insights (NDP, Nielsen, IRI, etc)
- Experience leading broad scope cross-functional teams and projects
- Strong ability to influence without authority, particularly at the leadership level
- High level of resiliency and comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (power point)
- High level of curiosity and strong ability to identify root causes
- Familiarity with Merchandising
- Strong collaboration skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture