Strategy Implementation Lead
Strategy Implementation Lead
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
On pace with one of the world’s best-loved and most recognized retail brands, Target Strategy & Innovation is focused on the future. We are at the center of developing and enabling how Target evolves to meet the changing needs of our guests while winning a competitive global retail marketplace. Here, you’ll partner with internal contacts and external firms in a wide variety of roles—whether you’re a technical engineer in San Francisco or a corporate strategist at Target headquarters in Minneapolis. Do you love the idea of helping to shape Target’s long-term strategy development? Are you a champion for rigor and process to ensure successful strategic planning? Can you bring your energy and big ideas to the table in order to build momentum in new business innovation? Then bring your talent to the game and join us in bringing to life a portfolio of initiatives designed to move Target forward.
A role within Strategy Implementation means working with business leaders to drive the company’s most important strategic priorities. It means being part of a team that works on a wide range of strategies from rolling out new marketing initiatives to developing new operational capabilities. And it means always bringing a high standard for problem solving, data driven decision making, and cross functional leadership.
As a Strategy Implementation Lead, you will work alongside team members from the Strategy Implementation team and core business functions to deeply understand the current operations and performance of the business. You will then design detailed operational and financial business models that will bring a new strategy to life. Finally, you will support the business teams through rapid problem solving, prototyping and testing, and the implementation of new capabilities and processes that deliver and sustain performance.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within the job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business need.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of practical experience, including strategic operations consulting, retail, supply chain, or other applicable industry experience
- Experience developing plans to achieve company / business unit strategies
- Experience leading cross-functional groups to develop and implement new capabilities
- Strong problem solving skills. Ability to break down problems into fundamental parts, identify root causes, synthesize findings, and make informed decisions
- Experience with different types of analysis (e.g., financial analysis and modeling, process analysis, statistical measurement analysis)
- Proven ability to influence and communicate complex ideas effectively, verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture