Technical Designer Home Fragrance
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Product Design and Management organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing and we influence everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs. Join one of our dynamic teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively positions Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines, or apparel & accessories categories. You’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests wherever and whenever they love to shop.
Currently we are looking for a technical designer on our Home Fragrance product design and development team.
The role of Technical Design plays a critical role within the Owned Brand Product Design Owned Brand Management teams to ensure that we create products that reflect the intent and principles of Target-owned brands.
• Are you passionate about and experienced in the home fragrance category; filled candles, essential oils to electronic diffusers?
• Are you inspired by creating products that look amazing and function impeccably?
• Can you develop and drive technical product solutions that help meet strategic business goals?
If so you’ll have success on our talented and innovative team.
As a Technical Designer you will support and be responsible for critical aspects of the product design and development process. On the team you will work closely with designers to ensure that products meet the quality and construction requirements for our own brands.
You will partner with quality and compliance teams to understand performance testing protocols and develop products that meet them. You will help identify technical specifications and quality standards across a variety of materials and techniques, construction details, functional attributes and performance expectations. You will leverage collective expertise to suggest improvements to cost of goods, assembly, sustainability and ROI.
You will support and be accountable for timely sample evaluations and quality approvals for all supported products. In collaboration with both internal and external partners, you will co-develop products, identify and address manufacturing and quality issues, ensuring that the brand vision and business initiatives are met. This requires a diligent approach to workload maintaining timely communication with internal cross functional partners and external vendor partners.
You will be held accountable for understanding the competition and benchmarks for specified product categories and developing innovative product solutions.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• 4-year Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, Technical Design or product development related degree.
• 4-8 years of work experience preferably within the home fragrance product category.
• Knowledge of testing, safety and legal requirements for consumer products.
• Product knowledge and expertise with hard home materials, fragranced wax & essential oils.
• Knowledge of various 2-D and/or 3-D CAD software packages.
• Exhibit a working knowledge of product manufacturing
• Ability to successfully work in a team environment and lead initiatives to deliver on strategies
• Ability to multi-task and balance multiple development deadlines
• Proactive problem-solver
• Excellent communication skills
• A passion for all things home fragrance and home décor
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture