Visual Innovation MgrApply Now Job ID: R0000138260 job family: Visual Merchandising schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
A core pillar of Target’s winning strategy has been an investment in elevating the experience Guest experience. Visual Marketing is at the center of these efforts, designing Guest-first experiences to meet the changing needs of our Guests while winning in a competitive marketplace. We are storytellers - collaborating and influencing how both brands and seasons come to life in store. Our work is grounded in insights and analytics, crafting experiences that connect product, space and environment. As part of the Retail Brand Experiences pillar of Marketing, we are advocates for our Guests, trusted with creating a consistent, dynamic experience in every store, 365 days a year.
About the Role:
The Visual Enterprise Space + Special Projects team is focused on imagining, designing and demonstrate the potential of new experiences for both enterprise and pyramid-level initiatives. From current in-store activations to future facing opportunities, the team leads with an enterprise mindset. We operate under high ambiguity, our work and focus continually shifting to help achieve Target’s purpose of “helping all families discover the joy of everyday life.”
Do you love to ask questions like ‘what could be’ or ‘what if we’? Can you bring energy and ideas to the table to help us discover innovative experiences for our Guests? Can you illustrate concepts and ideas in a simple, yet compelling way? Can you work quickly, changing direction and hand to help sell ideas to key leadership? Are you a proven collaborator, able to partner with cross-functional teams of all types?
As Visual Innovation Manager, you’ll be accountable for helping the Enterprise Space team develop and demonstrate visual storytelling possibilities. You will design ideas for seasons and initiatives by combining your proficiency/expertise in both visual merchandising and creative concept illustration.
Core responsibilities include:
- Creative Concepting: Uncovering and providing unique and unexpected presentation ideas, informed by Guest insights, behavioral science and visual merchandising techniques. You will help us simplify complex problems into clear, actionable opportunities.
- Illustration: Creating conceptual renderings - based on creative briefs - of immersive experiences that help our Guests connect more deeply with Target
- Presentation Content: Build presentations for future-facing projects to evolve the Target experience for our Guests.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Visual Merchandising, Art degree or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant work experience in design, creative or visual merchandising
- Experience applying creative strategy to physical spaces
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate ambiguity
- Self-motivated with a high level of accountability to work on multiple projects, prioritize workload and work in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Strong communication and creative presentation skills
- Solid portfolio demonstrating breadth of design and related experience; include portfolio link in application/resume
- Proficiency in Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD) and SketchUp
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture