Visual Merchandising – Manager
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
As a Manager, you will be responsible for the strategy development, process management and implementation of the Visual Strategy as it pertains to the Seasonal/Home division in partnership with the Visual Director. Partner and collaborate with Store and Fixture Design on store layout and fixture development, Space & Presentation on translation of Visual strategy across multiple store prototypes and Store Operations in the development of the store communication to ensure store direction is clear, accurate & executable. You will be responsible for managing highly complex cross-functional team projects and leading the preparation for milestone meetings and leadership walk-throughs. Additionally, the ability to collaborate with multiple levels of management and departments on future-facing initiatives and innovations is critical.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of Visual Merchandising experience
- 2 or more years of corporate headquarters Visual Merchandising experience
- Proven Visual Merchandising (in addition to interviews, external candidates will be required to submit to a portfolio review)
- Cultural awareness, competitive analysis and knowledge and understanding of current trends
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation and organizational skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Preferred skills in Sketchup or other virtual merchandising programs
- Must be will to work on your feet and capable of lifting (boxes, mannequins or other) as heavy as 50 pounds
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture