Visual Merchandising Business PartnerApply Now Job ID: MAR0001G8 Date posted: 12/18/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Visual Merchandising – Business Partner
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
As a Business Partner, you will lead the activation of visual concepts and merchant initiatives for each season and provide support to Visual Merchandising leaders through the activator of strategy and visual merchandising and brand presentation standards for shared Company Space. You will consistently partner and collaborate with Space & Presentation on prototype versioning and space densification and Store Operations on the development of the store communication. You will be responsible for driving analysis of competition and identifying opportunities for future ideas that align with category/division initiatives. Additionally, you will participate in cross-functional team projects as assigned.
Core responsibilities of the role are described within this job description. Accountabilities may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year college degree in Visual Merchandising, Art, Design, or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years visual merchandising experience
- Strong Industry Acumen - Cultural awareness, knowledge and understanding of current trends and competitive environments/retailers
- Excellent communication skills & executive presence –Ability to present to large groups of people and levels
- Bias for Action - Manage cross functional projects on fast and expedited timelines; Strong organization skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be willing to work on your feet and capable of lifting items (boxes, mannequins or other) as heavy as 50 lbs
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture