Explore current openings to see how your skills and interests align with Target careers.
Visual Merchandising Business Partnerapply now Job ID BRA000BFL Date posted 02/17/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota – United States
Visual Merchandising Business Partner
The retail landscape is changing – fast – and Target is evolving along with it. When we created our brand promise of “Expect More. Pay Less.” it paved the way for Target to infuse affordable fashion into our assortment and deliver an outstanding experience for our guests. We are pioneers of innovation with our owned brands and unique partnerships from Archer Farms and Merona, to Made to Matter and Altuzarra. Today, Target continues to be committed to bringing our guests what they want, when they want it, where they want to shop – in our over 1,800 stores, mobile, online and the retail channels of the future.
As a Visual Merchandising Business Partner you will be responsible for process and execution at the category level of the visual strategy translating into a presentation that is unified with other areas of the store, brand right and guest focused that drives sales and delivers our financial goals for a specified business.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Business Partner on our Visual Merchandising team, you'll take the lead as you...
- Support Visual Merchandise leaders by developing the visual merchandising strategy and brand presentation standards for specific businesses and / or space including Apparel (Women’s, Men’s, Kids/Baby), Accessories and Home.Supports preparation for milestone meetings and leadership walk-throughs
- Lead development and execution of visual concepts for each season and merchant initiatives based on Visual Merchandising Roadmap
- Develop store communication in partnership with cross functional partners
- Drives analysis of competition, prototype versioning and space densification at the category level
- Support Visual Merchandising leadership in preparation for Senior Leadership alignment walk-throughs
- Where appropriate attend development meetings to represent Visual Merchandising point-of-view
- Participate in cross-functional team projects as assigned
- Identify and participate in training and development opportunities designed to improve professional skills and personal growth
- 4 year college degree in Visual Merchandising, Art, Design, or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of visual merchandising experience, corporate visual merchandising experience preferred
- Cultural awareness, knowledge and understanding of competitive analysis and current trends
- Excellent communicator – ability to present to large groups of people, manage cross functional projects and strong organization skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be willing to work on your feet and capable of lifting (boxes, mannequins or other) as heavy as 50 lbs