Explore current openings to see how your skills and interests align with Target careers.
Visual Merchandising Managerapply now Job ID BRA000BFM Date posted 01/05/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota – United States
Visual Merchandising Manager
The retail landscape is changing – fast – and Target is evolving along with it. When we created our brand promise of “Expect More. Pay Less.” it paved the way for Target to infuse affordable fashion into our assortment and deliver an outstanding experience for our guests. We are pioneers of innovation with our owned brands and unique partnerships from Archer Farms and Merona, to Made to Matter and Altuzarra. Today, Target continues to be committed to bringing our guests what they want, when they want it, where they want to shop – in our over 1,800 stores, mobile, online and the retail channels of the future.
As a Visual Merchandising Manager you will be responsible for continued development, process management and implementation of the visual strategy at the division levelin partnership with the Visual Merchandising Director that is unified with other areas of the store, brand right and guest focused store experience that drives sales and delivers our financial goals for a specified business.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Manager on our Corporate Visual Merchandising team, you'll take the lead as you…
- Partner with Visual Merchandising Director to develop the visual merchandising strategy and brand presentation standards for specific business and / or space such as Apparel (Women's, Men's, Baby/Kids), Accessories, Intimates or Home
- Partner with Merchandising, Merch Product Group (MPG), Marketing, Store Design, Merchandising Presentation Division (MPD) and Store Operations to communicate best practices and execute visual concepts for each season based on Visual Merchandising Roadmap
- Lead preparation for milestone meetings and leadership walk-throughs
- Ensure store communication includes clear and accurate visual merchandising direction for specific business and / or space to drive high quality in store execution
- Translate creative direction (or strategy) to in store presentation using data and insights
- Manage highly complex cross-functional team projects as assigned
- Interface with cross functional partners and collaborate with multiple levels of management and departments
- Identify and participate in training and development opportunities designed to improve professional skills and personal growth
- Travel as necessary to review in-store execution and identify opportunities
- 4 year college degree in Visual Merchandising, Art, Design, or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of visual merchandising experience
- 2+ years of corporate headquarters based visual merchandising experience
- Cultural awareness, knowledge and understanding of competitive analysis and current trends
- Excellent communicator – ability to present to large groups of people, manage cross functional projects and strong organization skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be willing to work on your feet and capable of lifting (boxes, mannequins or other) as heavy as 50 lbs