Visual Production & Communications Business Partner - Visual MerchandisingApply Now Job ID: MAR0001EW Date posted: 11/08/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Visual Merchandising Production & Communications Business Partner
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Be responsible for coordinating the Visual Operations Process and Execution, inclusive of all visual communication to the field for designated division. Manage and own individual assignments for the Visual Merchandising Guide, field training tools, and other forms of communication. Create and improve organizational systems of tools to deliver consistent, brand right communication to the field.
As a Visual Merchandising Production & Communications Business Partner, you will…
- Manage all mock store build information including: new items list, product write-ups, document formatting, and photography/photo editing.
- Translate visual merchandising strategies into documents while ensuring message reinforces brand standards; inclusive of all data and photo entry.
- Meet all outlined deadlines for communications and develop efficiencies in work to ensure timely execution.
- Participate in pre and post mock store walk through process with Visual partners.
- Partner and drive mock store or virtual planning & execution process with Visual, Space and Presentation, Store Ops and Field Visual.
- Generate and implement short and long term improvements to the production process, approved by manager.
- Compose and distribute critical visual updates to the Field Visual teams when necessary.
- Participate in cross-functional team projects as assigned.
- Identify and participate in training and development opportunities designed to improve professional skills and personal growth.
Partnerships will include managers and business partners of internal Visual team, Store Ops & Communications, Learning & Development, Space and Presentation, Marketing, Store Design and Merchandising.
• 4 year college degree in Visual Merchandising/Communication, Art, Design, or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
• 1-2 years of Visual Merchandising experience.
• Proven visual communication skillset (in addition to interviews, external candidates will be required to submit a portfolio to review).
• Cultural awareness, competitive analysis, and knowledge/understanding of current trends.
• Excellent communicator with presentation, project management and organization skills, while remaining flexible in shifting priorities.
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite/Microsoft Office Suite/Photoshop and/or Lightroom.
• Maintains a competitive edge on technology for visual communication.
• Must be willing to work on your feet and capable of lifting (boxes, mannequins or other) as heavy as 50 lbs.Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture