VP of Accounting and FP&AApply Now Job ID: R0000082950 job family: Financial Planning & Analysis schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
9740 DERMSTORE LLC,1960 E Grand Ave,El Segundo,California,United States,90245
Brought to life in 1999 by a board-certified dermatologist, Dermstore became a wholly owned subsidiary of Target in 2013. Sharing the beloved retail brand’s commitment to an elevated and differentiated shopping experience, Dermstore is known for its unparalleled service, product expertise and uniquely scientific approach to fine cosmetic dermatology products. Today, we offer hundreds of skincare and cosmetic brands, from in-demand professional-strength formulas otherwise only available from a doctor, to exclusive spa care, salon-grade and hard-to-find niche and specialty brands from around the world. Join our team in Los Angeles (near the amazing Dermstore Facial Spa and Shop in Hermosa Beach) where we’re building the future of this innovative, trusted and growing dermatologist-backed online store.
See yourself working for an industry-leading prestige beauty retailer. As the VP Accounting & Financial Planning & Analysis, you are responsible for driving financial planning and accounting, including monitoring, forecasting, analysis and reporting for Dermstore. You will work closely with the CEO, as well as the Executive Team to develop and model new financial strategies. You will be the catalyst for assessing the underlying performance of the business, identifying trends and deciding how to evolve the strategy to produce even better financial results. You will also be responsible for the timely reporting of the financial forecast and accounting performance, both internally and to our investors.
- Set Financial Priorities and Influence Key Business Decisions
- Analyze trends and assess the financial health of the business to help with long-term planning, day-to-day decisions, and contingency scenarios.
- Strategize with the CFO and Finance & Accounting teams to identify and implement projects that drive efficiencies within the accounting and finance function.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly actual financial reporting and quarterly forecast for Dermstore and Target leadership.
- Act as liaison to Target in financial reporting and planning functions.
- Drive Business Case Development and Assess Investment ROI
- Take the lead in developing and managing new revenue and profit strategies, taking partners as needed to bring each idea to life and drive for results.
- Lead the development of new business strategies and manage the implementation and evolution of those strategies over time.
- Ensure Strong Financial Accounting, Reporting, and Controls
- Monitor actual results and initiate analysis to explain variances between actual results and forecast. Drive conversations with business leaders and accounting to determine reasons for variances, understand implications for future forecasts, and develop mitigating strategies where necessary.
- Act as a key stakeholder representing the accounting function to evaluate the downstream impact of strategic priorities on accounting operations.
- Maintain compliance with local, state and federal reporting requirements.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Manage accounting system evaluation and conversion, if needed.
- Lead, Develop, and Coach a Highly Talented and Motivated Team
- Set priorities, remove obstacles for delivering on objectives, and ensure the team is focused on providing value-added support that helps deliver strong financial performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, business, economics or finance
- 7-10 years of experience in accounting and finance
- Ability to direct, influence and coach a team of partners, peers, and direct reports who exercise latitude and independence in assignments
- Strong systems aptitude, including Excel; ability to learn new software and databases
- High attention to detail with strong hands on analytical ability
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage deadlines effectively
- Excellent discovery, communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- CPA/MBA degree desired
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture