Curator, Creative Collaborations
Curator, Creative Collaborations ()
Date: November 2019
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
As a Curator, Creative Collaborations, you will identify and ideate potential collaboration partners across a wide array of categories, tied into business opportunities and objectives. Partnerships are primarily rooted in style and design: apparel/accessories, as well as home design/décor. Additional ability to surface comprehensive partnership ideas into other categories across the business: beauty, food, pets, seasonal, personal tech and more. Create compelling, dynamic concepts and strategies around potential partners and partnerships. Active presence at relevant industry events: conferences, seminars, panels, launches, fairs, etc. Spearhead vetting of potential partners by arranging and attending meetings/calls with potential partners; maintain partner database. Liaise cross-functionally to bring together partnership ideas that synthesize needs across the organization. Compile, author, and edit weekly cultural newsletter for leadership and cross-functional team. Provide industry-leading, brand-tailored insights related to the partnerships space. Help co-create and lead annual trends & partnerships insights presentation to leadership
- 10+ years brand / marketing experience, or working at/with a brand or retailer
- Strong editorially-minded voice and POV
- Familiarity with or exposure to the brand partnerships process (business affairs, etc.)
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Keynote, Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Ability to translate emerging and mainstream trends into accessible and relatable product collaborations
- Deeply versed in the latest developments in style, design, lifestyle, and general pop culture, including social media
- Team player that can seamlessly work with an array of cross-functional partners
- Keen intuition, refined eye, and ability to identify on-brand trends and partners
- Creative, open-minded, innovative thinker with an astute marketing acumen
- Insatiably curious, positive, and proactive
Role is NYC-based
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture