Micromaintenance TechApply Now Job ID: R0000131932 job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 980 High Street, Perth Amboy, New Jersey, United States, 08861;
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time.
A role in a Distribution Center (DC) means being on the front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible—a critical differentiator and one of the most essential Logistics functions. You will reach beyond the bounds of your team to partner across the enterprise and find solutions to support the business. Whether it is through focusing on our regional or upstream distribution centers, import warehouses, or fulfillment and flow centers, you will have a chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide, further differentiating Target from all the rest. There’s so much good work to be done, from Distribution Center Operations, where process and problem-solving drive our results; Quality Management, which influences and maintains our good name in the retail marketplace, or overall Distribution Center Productivity, where we’re always analyzing and recalibrating how to best support our people, process and technology investments to support an ever evolving business.
As a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) Technician in a DC or Fulfillment Center (FC), you’ll play a key role within the Engineering and Facilities (E&F) department to run efficient maintenance operations and maintain high availability for the building’s important assets.
E&F Team Work Management: The CMMS Technician works with the team and the building to ensure that the E&F team maintains the building’s assets properly, team member labor is scheduled optimally, and the building meets compliance guidelines.
- Organize, plan and schedule the preventative and corrective maintenance work within Maximo for the Engineering and Facilities team members
- Create and assign work orders to team members at the direction of Engineering & Facilities Operations Managers
- Assist in the prioritization of critical work and building efficient work packages (team member project plans and kitting)
Vendor Management: The CMMS Technician works closely with vendor service providers to ensure quality of service. They utilize headquarters partners to aid in resolving problems.
- Creates Purchase Orders (POs) with vendors to procure necessary parts and supplies
- Validates and resolves issues with vendor invoices and processes invoices through the EFAA to get goods and services paid for in Target’s financial payment systems
- Follows up with Vendors and Contractors on procured parts and contracted services. Coordinates emergency repairs with external vendors
- Owns the trailer management and maintenance process for Target’s Over The Road (OTR) trailers used to deliver product to the stores (collect Drivers Sheet/check Yard Management System and Security for Red Tags, initiate maintenance work with Amerit Fleet Management Services, update Out of Service report daily)
Inventory Management: The CMMS Technician ensures that the building has an accurately stocked storeroom of critical and spare parts, along with operational and building supplies.
- Manage MRO spare parts inventory, including ordering, receiving, issuing and inventory management responsibilities
- Manage critical spare parts by organizing physical storage, managing critical inventory levels, regularly cycle counting inventory levels and ensuring MRO parts availability
Data Management: The CMMS tech ensures quality data within Maximo for accurate inventory and labor reporting and appropriate leadership decisions on work order prioritization
- Assist in assuring data integrity in the maintenance management system (Maximo) by managing the asset setup, parts, and job plans based upon input from E&F leaders and technicians
- Support E&F Operations by creating, analyzing, and publishing reports for E&F management and as directed within the maintenance management system
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Flexible and able to multi-task between many functions and roles on a daily basis
- Attention to detail and precise record keeping
- Analytical and problem solving skills - ability to research, identify emerging problems and exceptions, and resolve issues before they become major problems
- Ability to operate effectively independently with minimal guidance and supervision
- Ability to manage key relationships with building stakeholders and external contacts, with demonstrated ability to drive desired results in tense or confrontational situations
- Vendor management abilities, with clear and effective oral and written communication skills
- Expert competence with standard office software tools and familiarity with mainstream financial and accounting software
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture