Maintenance Technician Trainee - B3 (T0588)Apply Now Location: 25 N 75th Ave, Phoenix, Arizona, United States, 85043-2109; job id: R0000171354
job family: Distribution Center - Maintenance & Mechanics
schedule: Full time
This position will work the B3 schedule (key) Tuesday - Friday 8pm - 6am.
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time.
A role in Distribution and Receive Centers means being on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible—a critical differentiator and one of the most essential functions within Logistics. Whether it’s through focusing on regional or upstream distribution centers or import warehouses, you’ll have a chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide.
An Engineering & Facilities Maintenance Technician Trainee (MTT) is an entry-level position into our industrial maintenance team, assisting in the installation, maintenance, and repair of automated material handling equipment and ensuring high equipment availability rates. You will be enrolled in an approved industry- recognized certificate or associate’s degree program while you work as a Technician Trainee. Your objective will be to learn and successfully demonstrate the skills for the Maintenance Technician 1 or 2, validated by a formal assessment. You will work with other Target service technicians and use preventive and predictive maintenance processes, rapidly repair equipment breakdowns, and quickly restore equipment to service to support the successful operation of the supply chain facility. A successful candidate in this role will:
- Assist in repairing and maintaining material handling equipment and building systems by:
- Tracking belts
- Resetting or replacing adjustable components (belts, chains, cables) and wearing components (guides, bearings, wheels, rollers, pulleys)
- Cleaning, lubricating, and calibrating equipment
- Using appropriate job plans, procedures, and manuals
- Troubleshoot basic conveyance problems and understand resources needed to resolve them
- Use electrical test equipment to troubleshoot simple AC circuitry
- Utilize handheld devices and mobile apps to create and close Work Orders with appropriate data (labor hours, downtime, problem/cause/remedy, and parts used)
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while maintaining equipment (Lock Out/Tag Out, Arc Flash, etc.), and ensure a safe work environment by eliminating potential equipment safety hazards
Physical Demands (must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Walking within and around the site with great frequency
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation, and work off platforms and equipment at significant heights
- Full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists, eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime
- Basic PC competency and ability to use mobile apps
- Previous experience in basic preventive/predictive maintenance, troubleshooting skills and repair methods
- Previous experience or classwork in Mechanical and/or Electrical basic components
- Understanding of safe use of power tools to include saws and drills
- Ability to obtain and maintain enrollment in an approved certificate or degree program, resulting in earning the certificate or degree
- Degree or certification from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Experience with automated conveyor systems and controls
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Previous experience with basic metal and wood fabrication
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture