Dev Ops EngineerApply Now Job ID BUS0001A4 Date posted 05/02/2017 Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
With millions of store and online guests daily, Target is now leading the effort in tearing down the walls between the traditional brick-and-mortar and web retail businesses. Just as established e-commerce giants are beginning to ramp up their physical store presence, Target is already leveraging its massive supply chain of over 1,800 stores and 38 distribution centers worldwide to deliver the best experience to its guests.
But with huge amounts of both foot and web traffic comes a host of challenging problems: How do you link online and store behavior to create a cohesive view of a guest? How do you translate this heterogeneous data into actionable decisions in real-time? How can the in-store experience be enhanced by the mobile experience and vice versa?
As a DevOps Engineer in the Pittsburgh Machine Learning Office, you will work as part of a small team to answer these types of questions and more, all with the potential to have a very broad impact at Target. Our office combines the freedom and agility of a startup with the security and vast resources of a large established company.
- BS degree; engineering/quantitative field.
- 2+ years academic or professional experience in application development.
- Experience building applications at scale.
- Version control, particularly Git.
- Broad understanding of object-oriented and functional programming paradigms.
- Comfortable with at least one scripting language (e.g., bash/python).
- Comfortable in *nix environment (e.g., ssh and standard commands).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using one or more cloud providers (AWS, GCP, etc.).
- Experience using Jenkins, Drone, or another tool to build CI/CD pipelines and/or other automation.
- Experience ensuring availability for production applications.
- Experience implementing monitoring and alerting solutions for production applications.
- Experience with Docker.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture