Store Director (Store Manager)--Greater Pittsburgh AreaApply Now Job ID: R0000063609 job family: Store Management schedule: Full time Location: 201 S Hills Vlg, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States, 15241-1408;
Store Director- Job Description
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You make shopping at Target inviting, frictionless and rewarding – leaving guests excited to come back.
ALL ABOUT STORE LEADERSHIP
You run a profitable growth business that has one purpose: to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. You lead a sales force of experts, advocates and consultants that discover guests’ needs and offer solutions to earn their loyalty. You lead teams that are passionate about making sure guests get what they came for (plus a little more) every time they shop at your store. You develop leaders who care about their team members, and team members who care about their guests and each other. At Target we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
The role of a Store Director can provide you with the:
· Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first culture across the store
· Skills in retail business financials (e.g. payroll, profit and loss) and driving sales growth
· Experience creating store specific strategies and managing your team to deliver results
· Knowledge of retail business fundamentals for total store: sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns & satisfaction, pricing and promotions strategies, and specialty businesses
· Skills in setting and planning total store quarterly business priorities and managing a team to deliver on sales goals
· Make business decisions by assessing market competition, understanding guest insights and feedback
· Experience managing a large team of hourly team members and leaders as well as leaders of leaders
· Skills in recruiting, selecting, talent management and talent planning across all departments of the store
As a Store Director, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
·Own your store’s overall business to drive efficiency and grow sales
· Leverage your reports (financial, operational, team and guest) to understand the business and make decisions.
· Understand sales trends and lead your team to drive sales growth in core businesses (Style, Beauty, Electronics, Food & Beverage) by leaning into key seasons, events and weekends.
· Know and assess the competition; leverage guest insights and feedback to drive the business and be the destination of choice for our guests.
· Lead an efficient operation to fund the sales culture.
· As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
· Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
· Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way. Cultivate a guest-centric and engaged team
· Develop a team and culture that is committed to guest loyalty and shares services and rewards like REDcard, Drive-up, Order Pick-Up, Shipt and Wallet to improve convenience and frequency.
· Lead a confident and knowledgeable sales force that delivers a differentiated experience for our guests, prioritizes the guest over task and delivers a welcoming, inspiring, rewarding and easy guest experience.
· Recruit, hire and retain a passionate team for area specific knowledge and expertise.
· Invest in training to enhance skills and capabilities
· Evaluate and manage individual impact through a total store contribution.
· Create sustainable talent strategies to fuel continued team growth.
· Own and implement exempt and hourly schedules that align to guest and business needs (including weekends, mornings, evenings, overnight, and appropriate seasonal adjustments).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
· Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to take care of our guests
· Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
· Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
· You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Store Director.
But there are a few skills you should have from the get go:
· 4 year degree or equivalent experience
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
· Manage conflict and lead and hold others accountable
· Relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization
· Welcoming and helpful attitude
· Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
· Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
· Interpret instructions, reports and information
· Accurately handle cash register operations
· Climb up and down ladders
· Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
· Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture