Stores Assets Protection Executive Internship - Greater Portland Area (Current Students)Apply Now Location: 9800 SE Washington St, Portland, Oregon, United States, 97216-2420; job id: R0000155967
job family: Intern
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You will deliver a destination shopping experience by providing a safe and secure environment for our guests and mitigate shortage risks in order to drive sales.
ALL ABOUT ASSETS PROTECTION
AP teams' function to provide a safe and secure environment for our team members and guests and meet financial goals of shortage and profitability in a Target store. AP teams will do this by leading a physical security and safety culture and responding to crisis events, investigating and resolving theft, creating awareness and educating team members on operational shortage priorities.
As an AP Executive Intern, you will gain a valuable, realistic job preview of the AP Executive Team Leader role over a defined period of time. During our 10-week summer program, you will work closely with a mentor while learning the AP business area and other team functions within our stores.
At Target, we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of an AP Executive Intern can provide you with:
- Experience managing a safe and secure culture, including crisis response, a strong safety environment and crowd management planning, providing support to both guests and team members
- Experience in creating strategic AP strategies and goals and delivering results through your team
- Experience identifying strategic resolutions of external theft and fraud, and apprehending individuals attempting to cause a loss, in accordance with Target policy
- Experience managing the identification and resolution of internal investigations
- Skills in recruiting, selecting, and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
As an AP Executive Intern, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Take initiative to learn how to be an AP leader by seeking out opportunities for growth and development; continuously learn throughout the internship experience
- Provide new ideas and recommend solutions to business or team opportunities
- Commit to learning Target’s expectations of leaders and use them to personally develop by asking questions and seeking feedback
- Actively participate in internship program training activities, developmental opportunities and events.
- Demonstrate willingness to take risks; step out of comfort zone and take on new assignments
- Partner with leaders regarding TM performance by teaching, coaching, training and delivering timely performance feedback
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance; lead the team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment
- Influence and validate a safe and secure culture by driving physical security and safety processes; lead store response and emergency crisis situations and create plans for in-store events.
- Educate store leaders and teams on emergency preparedness and physical security procedures.
- Identify shortage risks in key divisions and work with other leaders to develop tactics that will reduce shortage and drive profitable sales.
- Support the identification and resolution of internal investigations.
- Identify theft and shortage trends in your store, and develop proactive strategies to prevent shortage and theft.
- Educate and influence store teams on operational shortage priorities.
- Support the prevention, identification and resolution of external theft incidents and investigations.
- Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs based on safe and secure and theft patterns (this includes early morning/overnight shifts, evening and weekends).
- Model the safety culture in store by recognizing safe behaviors and identifying and resolving safety hazards and unsafe behaviors.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way.
- All other duties based on business needs
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited… We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say “I LOVE TARGET!” excites you… That’s why we love working at Target
- Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target product sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Stores Executive Intern. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Junior or rising Senior class standing preferred
- Previous retail or security experience preferred, but not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Manage conflict, lead and hold others accountable
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Welcoming and helpful attitude
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
- Interpret instructions, reports and information
- Act in accordance with company policy
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular work attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture