Executive Team Leader Specialty Sales (Assistant Manager Merchandising and Service)- RestonApply Now Job ID: R0000067047 job family: Store Management schedule: Full time Location: 12197 Sunset Hills Rd, Reston, Virginia, United States, 20190-3208;
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. Your passion for the latest trends will come to life when you lead a team to actively engage with every guest in each of the specialized businesses.
ALL ABOUT SPECIALTY SALES
A sales force of specialized consultants who provide tailored suggestions and solutions through active selling and compelling visual merchandising presentations that inspire guests and build the basket. Teams in A&A, Beauty and Electronics prioritize guest experience while blending completion of tasks that ensure product is available and easy to shop – pulling, filling, pricing, setting, staging and maintaining the sales floor and the backroom. At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
The role of a Specialty Sales Executive Team Leader can provide you with the:
· Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first culture on your team
· Knowledge of retail business fundamentals: department sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
· Experience setting and planning department(s) monthly/quarterly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver on sales goals
· Ability to manage multiple specialty businesses and balance team member expertise in each area to effectively manage teams in each department
· Knowledge of competitors and ability to leverage insights that drive business objectives in each specialty department
· Experience managing a team of hourly team members and leaders; and creating business specific strategies and goals
· Skills in recruiting, selecting, and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
As a Specialty Sales Executive Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
· Drive total store sales, understand your role in sales growth, and how your departments and team contribute to and impact total store profitability.
· Create a guest-obsessed culture and lead your team to prioritize the guest experience and deliver on store sales goals.
· Create schedules and make adjustments as needed to align to guest traffic and business needs.
· Manage your team to effectively plan merchandising and pricing workload including transitions, revisions, sales plans, sampling and promotions
· Know and assess the competition; and leverage guest insights and feedback to drive the business and be the destination of choice for our guests.
· Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends).
· Build a team of consultants that are knowledgeable and passionate about Apparel and Accessories, Beauty, and Electronics.
· Manage and develop a sales force using selling training techniques.
· Manage apparel Backroom and sales floor replenishment.
· Lead your team to deliver inspiring visual moments in A&A, Home, Baby, and other seasonally relevant areas.
· Ensure fitting rooms are used as an extension of the sales floor and are welcoming.
· Plan, lead and follow-up on organizational and operational change.
· Anticipate and identify changes in unique store trends.
· Anticipate staffing needs, talent plan and recruit – both long and short term.
· Develop and coach your team and team leaders to elevate the skills and expertise of the team.
· Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management.
· Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
· Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way.
· Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
· As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
· All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
· Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to take care of our guests
· Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
· Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
· You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Specialty Sales Executive Team Leader.
But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
· 4 year degree or equivalent experience
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong business acumen
· Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
· Manage conflict, lead and hold others accountable
· Relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization
· Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis · Learn and adapt to current technology needs
· Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
· Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
· Interpret instructions, reports and information
· Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
· Accurately handle cash register operations
· Climb up and down ladders
· Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture