Maint Mechanic IIApply Now Job ID: R0000059255 schedule: Full time Location: 3105 North Mango Ave, Rialto, California, United States, 92377;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the guest better, faster and more cost effectively than ever before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time.
A role in Global Supply Chain centers puts you on the front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible - a critical differentiator and one of the most essential functions within Logistics. You’ll have a chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide.
About the job:
As an Engineering & Facilities Maintenance Mechanic 2, you will install, maintain, and repair automated material handling equipment and ensure high equipment availability rates. You will use preventive and predictive maintenance processes, and rapidly troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and quickly restore equipment to service to support the successful operation of the supply chain facility. You will work with other Target mechanics to solve problems, validate quality of work for outside specialty contractors, work with building leaders to optimize material handling equipment, and meet aggressive time lines. You will collaborate with Senior Systems Engineers to perform Root Cause Analysis for equipment failures. A successful candidate in this role will:
- Maintain and troubleshoot all electrical and mechanical aspects of Material Handling Equipment (MHE) on site, including conveyor systems, sortation, robotics, or Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (ASRS)
- Demonstrate mechanical proficiency for hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and AC/DC electrical motors and drives
- Adjust scanners, cameras, field buses, scales and printer applicators
- Reset, repair, or replace adjustable components (belts, chains, cables) and wearing components (guides, bearings, wheels, rollers, pulleys)
- Clean, lubricate, and calibrate equipment
- Use appropriate job plans, procedures, and manuals
- Maintain and troubleshoot motors, Variable Frequency Drives, photo eyes, relays, proximity sensors, solenoids, motor starters, tachometers, encoders, etc.
- Assist with basic electronics/ Programmable Logic Controls troubleshooting
- Conduct maintenance and basic troubleshooting of all types of industrial robots
- Perform preventative maintenance on facility equipment (i.e. Powered Industrial Trucks, HVAC, air compressors and dryers, and balers)
- Utilize handheld devices and asset management system mobile apps to create and close Work Orders with appropriate data (labor hours, downtime, problem/cause/remedy, and parts used)
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while maintaining equipment (Lock Out/Tag Out, Arc Flash, etc.), and ensure a safe work environment by eliminating potential equipment safety hazards
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Physical Demands (must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move totes or cartons up to 49 pounds each
- Walking within and around the site with great frequency
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation, and work off platforms and equipment at significant heights
- Full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists, eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- PC competency and ability to use mobile apps on handheld devices
- Familiar with wiring diagrams, symbols and electrical measuring
- Experience in the following areas:
- Work order management
- Preventive/predictive maintenance procedures
- Basic blueprint and schematic reading
- AC/DC electrical and electronic principles
- Basic metal fabrication and welding
- Industrial Controls and Electronics
- Ability to troubleshoot basic Input/Output functions
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) programs and Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Experience with automated conveyor systems and controls
- Experience with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards
- Experience with robotic operation/ maintenance
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture