Sr. Industrial Engineer - Food Distribution Center - Rialto, CAApply Now Location: 2245 W Renaissance Pkwy, Rialto, California, United States, 92376-2401; job id: R0000232113
job family: Process Engineering
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At Target, food is life. So it’s the mission of our newly integrated Food & Beverage organization to help our guests more easily discover the joy of food. We thrive on giving families new favorite ways to eat well and cook less, simply and affordably. With curated in-store experiences and a streamlined assortment designed to inspire and save time, we understand the importance of food to our guests’ everyday life—from snack duty at soccer practice to important family gatherings and holidays. Join our centralized Food & Beverage team where you’ll partner with people from literally every area of the business. Here, you’ll help dream up new ways to offer our guests a reliably wonderful experience with the freshness, selection and value they expect and deserve from Target.
A role in Target’s Food Supply Chain is a chance to truly serve our guests with speed, freshness and quality. We strengthen the efficiency of product delivery and partner across Target’s Global Supply Chain to provide the highest quality food products to our guests—on time, every time. Here, your role might be extracting business insights from data, solving problem statements, conducting gap analysis and recommending focus areas for leadership. Or you’ll be an inventory management resource whose specialized point of view informs what we buy, from whom, how much and where it needs to go from there. You’ll leverage inventory positioning to achieve the best possible product availability, and establish and develop great relationships with our vendors to encourage on-time delivery. Or join our team in a food distribution center where you’re on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible—a critical differentiator that keeps Target guests coming back for more.
As a Lead Industrial Engineer, you will support the implementation and maintenance of the engineering program across warehouse and delivery operations, including, but not limited to; defining Engineered Labor Standards (ELS) updates, process improvement initiatives, system configuration and education of field leadership and team members on engineering functions. You will be responsible for performing onsite audits, performance validations and analytical evaluations of operational activities. You will be responsible for identifying any opportunities for improvement, determine root cause and create and maintain standards. While 50% of your time will be spent on the production floor, you’ll also work cross-functionally with project stakeholders from conceptual design through execution of project plans related to reengineering and optimization, using standard project management tools (PMI methodology, Lean Six Sigma, etc). Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in Industrial Engineering with demonstrated IE concepts (labor utilization, work flow and layout, process improvement and standardization)
- Experience with time study methodologies, predetermined time systems (MOST, MTM or MSD), and labor standards
- Experience with configuration, maintenance and reporting of Labor Management Systems (LMS)
- Knowledge of engineering optimization methods (Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma) and standard project management processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to advocate for and present recommendations to senior leaders
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and conflict management skills
- Strong ability to identify, define and resolve ambiguous problems
- Proven experience in collaborating with and influencing cross functional groups across enterprise
- Ability to manage and adjust multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) and ability to adapt quickly to using digital tools
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture