Explore current openings to see how your skills and interests align with Target careers.
Business Design Leadapply now Job ID BRA000BJ8 Date posted 11/29/2016 Location San Francisco, California – United States
Job Description: Business Design Lead
As a Business Design Lead, you will help define strategies and design winning business models for the consumer “internet of things” (IoT) market. You will be responsible for assessing the dynamically changing technology market and identifying white space opportunities for the enterprise to pursue including defining potential market positions, crafting monetization strategies and establishing key partnership that enable Target to win in the IoT industry. The keys to the success of this position requires having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, high digital acumen, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
A successful Business Design Lead is comfortable with uncertainty, navigating without roadmaps, playing multiple roles, and daily change. They drive major aspects of value proposition development, test and learn planning, iterative discovery, to ultimately launch IoT and data-driven offerings into the market
- Drive major aspects of consulting-like engagements that identify key strategies for delivering a winning consumer IoT enterprise position including defining scope of work, resourcing (people, consultant, technologists, research, etc.) and end-end budget oversight.
- Leverage consumer, market, competitive and financial data and analysis to build comprehensive business cases for competitive differentiation and growth.
- Define test and learn plans to iteratively validate hypotheses. Commission new research as required in partnership with Guest Center of Excellence and UI/UX design researchers
- Analyze and define monetization business models that yield new revenues streams stemming from IoT (consumer); define and conduct define tests to validate the potential models including exploration of new partnership models (e.g.. convertible debt, royalty and equity hurdles, sales covenants)
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the enterprise and effectively influence without authority to drive business decisions and advance long-term transformation efforts centered in IoT and the interrelated strategic initiatives
- Create and coordinate C-suite, board level presentations and executive briefings as needed
- Strong digital acumen and interest in technology. Familiarity with agile development, lean startup methodology, digital business models, and open source frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Team-orientated, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
- Understanding of design of experiences and consumer testing methodologies
- Strong sense of ownership and problem solving skills. Self-motivated.
- 4-year college degree + post graduate degree (MBA strongly preferred)
- A minimum of 2-3 years of work experience post-graduate school, with strong emphasis on digital, ecommerce, or technology related field in lieu of post graduate degree
- Prior experience with a top management, innovation, technology consulting firm (ranging from McKinsey, IDEO, Doblin, Innosight, etc.) or in a Fortune 100-level corporate strategy group or corporate innovation group; ideally, candidate has subject matter expertise in digital oriented businesses or technology.
- 2+ years of applying a systematic approach to strategic problem solving including: define/ reframe key questions, develop hypotheses, structure quantitative and qualitative analyses to develop insights, formulate well-founded recommendations, and communicate recommendations to leaders at all levels of the organization, including senior executives.
- Experience in consumer and design research and testing methodologies including human centered design, prototyping techniques, lean startup methodology, and innovation frameworks
- Proven success presenting to executives in a confident, concise, and compelling manner
- Strong collaboration skills to build long-term strategic partnerships
- Innovator, risk taker
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.