Maintenance Tech 3- Shafter, CAApply Now Job ID: R0000134102 job family: Distribution Center - Maintenance & Mechanics schedule: Full time Location: 3880 Zachary Ave, Shafter, California, United States, 93263-9579;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the guest better, faster and more cost effectively than ever before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. A role in Global Supply Chain centers puts you on the front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible - a critical differentiator and one of the most essential functions within Logistics. You’ll have a chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide.
About the job:
As an Engineering & Facilities Maintenance Technician 3 (MT3), you will be a key technical subject matter expert that ensures high equipment availability rates. You will use preventive and predictive maintenance processes, rapidly troubleshoot equipment breakdowns, and quickly restore equipment to service. You will work with other Target maintenance technicians to solve difficult problems, validate quality of work for outside specialty contractors, work with building leaders to optimize material handling equipment, handle multiple projects, and work with a sense of urgency. You will collaborate with others to perform Root Cause Analysis for equipment failures, and fix systemic issues using careful observation and diagnostic tools. You will have an expert understanding of system controls logic and troubleshooting techniques. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. An individual in this role will:
- Maintain and troubleshoot electrical/mechanical aspects of Material Handling Equipment (MHE), including conveyors, sortation, robotics, or Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (ASRS)
- Control and adjust positioning accuracy and timing
- Control and adjust scanners, cameras, scales and printer applicators
- Control, reset, repair or replace adjustable components (belts, chains, cables) and wearing components (guides, bearings, wheels, rollers, pulleys)
- Clean, lubricate, and calibrate equipment
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, and control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachometers and encoders
- Troubleshoot PLC programs, components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices), field buses (ASI, Profibus, DeviceNet, etc.), and communications modules (Ethernet).
- Configure and adjust PLC parameters and component setup
- Conduct maintenance and higher level troubleshooting of any robot type
- Troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials, up to 480V
- Develop work plans with peer technicians for emergency repair of critical assets
- Utilize handheld devices and asset management system mobile apps to create and close Work Orders with appropriate data (labor hours, downtime, problem/cause/remedy, and parts used)
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while maintaining equipment (Lock Out/Tag Out, Arc Flash, etc.), and ensure a safe work environment by eliminating potential equipment safety hazards
- Navigate ladders and gangways safely and work off platforms and equipment at significant heights
- Work effectively in varied conditions, temperatures, and environments
- Frequently monitor all aspects of the internal and external worksite, which may include standing/walking for up to 10-12 hours
- Lift and/or move product or items up to 49 pounds
- Excellent PC competency and ability to use mobile apps on handheld devices
- Familiar with wiring diagrams, symbols and electrical measuring
- Experience with the following areas:
- Preventive/predictive maintenance procedures
- Blueprint and schematic reading
- Work order management
- Industrial Electrical, Controls and Electronics
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) programs
- National Electrical Code (NEC) and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards
- Automated material handling equipment or robotic maintenance
- Desired Qualifications:
- Degree from a technical or community college, or accredited industrial maintenance certifications (PLCs, Industrial Networks, Machine Logic, Robotics), with a focus in the Mechanical/Electrical fields
- 4+ years of experience in the Mechanical or Electrical maintenance field
- B3 Key (4x10) Tues-Fri 8PM-6:30AM
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture