Market Investigator - Springfield, PAApply Now Job ID: R0000083163 job family: Security & Loss Prevention schedule: Full time Location: 1200 Baltimore Pike, Springfield, Pennsylvania, United States, 19064;
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do.
ALL ABOUT THE MARKET INVESTIGATOR ROLE
Responsible for the investigation and resolution of theft and fraud with an emphasis on multi-store impact and/or organized retail crime.The Market Investigator works with field/store Assets Protection teams and Law Enforcement officials to arrest and prosecute individuals or groups who steal from Target
As the Market Investigator, you will take the lead as you:
- Theft and Fraud identification: Identify all aspects of emerging theft and fraud opportunities, trends and cases within your market. Utilize available reporting, trend analysis, partnership with Special Investigations, Investigation Centers and other retailers to initiate and investigate theft and fraud activity.
- Investigations: Lead and close complex regional or market cases including ORC, fraud, brand and reputation issues. Lead cases that require specialized investigative tactics including pre-site assessments, stationary offsite surveillance, trash pulls, and mobile surveillance. Lead all investigations that involve store management and AP cases.
- Resolution: Partner with Law Enforcement, APBP’s, the National Investigation Center, Special Investigations and store AP teams to aggregate all applicable investigations charges. Ensure all prosecution/referral of local theft and fraud investigations are completed to the highest possible level.
- Field and Store Support: Support and consult APBPs on external investigations and store-level internal investigations as needed. Provide hands on training of investigative tactics for new-in-role APBPs and Store AP Leaders. Coach and train APBPs and AP store leaders on investigative interview tactics.
- Technology and Equipment: Provide expertise to APBPs on camera systems (installation, strategy, troubleshooting) and documentation in the Target Case Management system.
- Emergency/Crisis Management: Support and investigate significant physical security incidents and crisis events as needed. Lead and support the investigation and resolution of multi-market burglary and robbery incidents, and significant investigations involving brand/reputation issues or financial losses.
- Community Relations; Law Enforcement/Emergency Management: Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with local officials, agencies and assets protection organizations. Ensure that our teams and tactics maintain our positive company image. Coordinate non-solicitation policy activities to ensure company image is maintained.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Four-year college degree
- Minimum 2-4 years of retail AP/LP or Criminal Justice experience
- Experience with internal and external theft and fraud training and operations as well as safety and physical security programs, regulatory agencies and audit/compliance
- Prioritizes tasks and responsibilities; ensures best practices are followed
- Advanced cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making ability, financial and quantitative analysis
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships to influence teams and partners
- Strong verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Advanced degree in Criminal Justice
- Organized Retail Crime experience
- Depending upon state requirements -Guard/Security certifications
- Critical interviewing experience
- Working knowledge of CCTV/DVR equipment and systems
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture