High Performance Computing Lab EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000064285 schedule: Full time Location: 100 Mathilda Pl, Sunnyvale, California, United States, 94086;
JOIN TARGET AS A HIGH-PERFORMANCE COMPUTING LAB ENGINEER
The High-Performance Computing (HPC) team at Target makes the impossible – possible. Our products range from Stream Computing to Neural Computing. We enable teams at Target to stream, filter, transform, and analyze high-bandwidth data in real-time, and also provide tools for data engineers and other team members to analyze and act on their data.
THE HIGH-PERFORMANCE COMPUTING LABORATORY
In order to create the fastest, most optimal algorithms for Stream Computing and Neural computing we need to experiment, testing new algorithms and new types of hardware. Our brand new HPC Lab will allow us to run experiments on new experimental hardware, from new types of GPUs, Tensor Processors, Neuromorphic processors, to low-cost, low-energy solutions such as networks of Raspberry-Pi boards or Jetson-Nano boards.
The High-Performance Computing Lab Engineer will manage the HPC Lab, configure and maintain all server-based systems, design and implement communication networks for server-based systems and board-based systems, design and implement experimental frameworks, build software to manage and run the experiments. The HPC Lab Engineer will work closely with the HPC Stream Computing team, the HPC Neural Computing team, the Infrastructure and Operations team at Target headquarters, and hardware vendors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configuration and maintenance of local and remote servers (all IT-related items)
- Design and implementation of board-based systems (potentially build a raspberry-pi/jetson-nano-based supercomputer, including all required electronics)
- Design and implementation of experiments, working together with other HPC team members
- Design the implementation and software to manage all servers
- Design software to manage and control all experimental setups
- Interact with vendors
- Manage network security
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- In-depth understanding of computer hardware
- In-depth understanding of general IT
- In-depth understanding of networking
- Some experience with electronics at board-level
- Deep understanding of computer performance, benchmarking, latency, throughput
- Good knowledge of C (or C++).
- Good knowledge of scripting languages
- Ability to analyze systems at all levels
- Ability to make decisions based on strict scientific analysis
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to create, innovate, think out-of-the box
- Collaborative personality, able to engage in interactive discussions with the rest of the team
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture