Lead AI Scientist - Demand ForecastingApply Now Job ID: R0000052476 schedule: Full time Location: 100 Mathilda Pl, Sunnyvale, California, United States, 94086;
As a Lead A.I. Scientist on the Demand Forecasting team, you will develop artificial intelligence models and algorithms for our retail business. You will work closely with partner team data scientists and retail business partners to continuously learn more about our business and particularly develop an understanding of the various processes we have in play. You will partner with engineers and scientists on partner teams and your own to build solutions for our business needs including development, deployment, and maintenance of algorithms and models.
In this role at Target as a Lead AI Scientist, you will:
- Realize solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics
- Deploy data-science and technology based algorithmic solutions to address business needs
- Understand implementation of complex problems in technical retail business setting
- Partner with and communicate clearly with technology partners, data engineers and business partners on desired solutions
- Review models and algorithms developed by the team
- Keep abreast of industry research
- Mentor/train peer scientists and engineers
- Support agile ceremonies
- Work with engineers to design, deploy and productize algorithms and models
- Works with technology partners to understand systems
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in building machine learning models, artificial intelligence models, optimization algorithms or equivalent experience
- Proficient in one or more of C++, Java, Scala, Python or equivalent programming language
- Deployed large scale models/algorithms in prior experience
- Deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Expertise in linear algebra, statistics, information theory or related mathematical domains
- Ability to test and measure algorithms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PhD in Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or a related field
Why work with us at Target?
- Join us to help define and shape what future of retail would look like. Let’s mine the right data to derive actionable insights that drive value.
- We value diversity. We believe that diversity and inclusion is of core importance when try to create positive in-store experiences for our guests, and we think it is also critically important when building our teams. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion - https://corporate.target.com/corporate-responsibility/diversity-inclusion
- We value our team members for who they are, not just what they can get done. We are parents, hobbyists, enthusiasts, family members, and community members, and can offer flexibility to our team members' schedules and work arrangements so that they can flourish both inside and outside of work.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture