Lead Data Scientist - Deep Learning and NLPApply Now Job ID: BUS0001KX Date posted: 10/02/2018 Location: 9743 - Sunnyvale CA, Sunnyvale, California
JOIN US AS A LEAD DATA SCIENTIST – DEEP LEARNING AND NLP
About This Opportunity
Join Target’s Enterprise Data Science team where your goal is to unlock the value of the vast treasure of data available – make it accessible through natural language interfaces and build novel data science solutions to create insights utilized by Target.com and mobile teams.
In this role, you will be at the forefront of DL/CV/NLP, translating your knowledge of these areas into software products that impact your customers. You’ll derive satisfaction from deploying non trivial technology to solve business problems and create insights that were either downright impossible until now or took several days of effort to realize.
Use your skills and experience to be a part of a visionary team! As a Lead Data Scientist you’ll:
- Execute solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics
- Have the opportunity to apply machine learning and deep learning algorithms to NLP
- Experience applying machine learning and deep learning techniques to build models and analyze large scale data
- Deploy data-science and technology based algorithmic solutions to address business needs for Target’s digital business
- Participate in sprints to design, develop, test and deploy code in a CI/CD environment
- Understand how to tradeoff performance and quality of output when required
- M.S in NLP, Machine Learning, Math, Advanced Statistics, Physics, Operations Research and/or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience deploying algorithms in a production environment
- Experience designing algorithms for a relevance system such as a personalized tool, search, recommendations, etc.
- Proficient in one or more of C, C++, Java, Python and deep learning tools such as PyTorch, Tensorflow and Keras
- Experience designing algorithms on Hadoop ecosystem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PhD in NLP, Machine Learning, Math, Advanced Statistics, Physics, Operations Research and/or Computer Science
- Publications in top journals and conferences such as ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, COLING NIPS, KDD, AAAI, IJCAI, ICML, WWW, WSDM, etc
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture