Lead Data Scientist - DFEApply Now Job ID: BUS0001MU Date posted: 01/15/2019 Location: 9743 - Sunnyvale CA, Sunnyvale, California
JOIN US AS A LEAD DATA SCIENTIST – DEMAND FORECAST ENGINE
Join Target to help us define and shape what the future of retail would look like. Let’s mine the right data to derive actionable insights that drive value across the global enterprise.In Target’s hyper-growing Data Science and Engineering team, the Lead Data Scientist for our Demand Forecasting Engine will contribute as follows.
Anticipates future business needs and identifies opportunities for complex analysis
Gathers and analyzes data to solve and address highly complex business problems and evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and support decision making
- Designs and drives the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modeling, big data and optimization tools for Target
Use your skills, experience and talents to contribute to groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead Data Scientist, you’ll take the lead as you:
- Realize solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics
- Deploy data-science and technology-based algorithmic solutions to address business needs for Target
- Produce large scale implementations of: Linear, Non-Linear and Generalized Linear models and their extensions, including Hierarchical and Bayesian variants; Survival models; Spatial and Time-series models; Machine Learning algorithms such as Neural Networks; Support Vector Machines, and so on.
- PhD in Math, Statistics, Bio-statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience deploying algorithms in a production environment
- Experience implementing algorithms on the Hadoop ecosystem at scale
- Strong engineering mindset and exposure to software engineering principles
- Proficiency with Python/R
- Prior experience in Forecasting, Econometric Modeling and Time Series Analysis
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture