Lead Data Scientist - Promotions (Time Series Forecasting)Apply Now Job ID: BUS0001P3 Date posted: 04/29/2019 Location: 9743 - Sunnyvale CA, Sunnyvale, California
JOIN US AS A LEAD DATA SCIENTIST – PROMOTIONS (TIME SERIES FORECASTING)
About This Opportunity
Join the Target’s growing Data Science and Engineering team in Sunnyvale - where your goal is to build pragmatic models and algorithms as well as perform as the tech lead for other new AI products.
The Lead Data Scientist anticipates future business needs and identifies opportunities for complex analysis. Gathers and analyzes data to solve and address highly complex business problems and evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and support decision making. Designs and drives the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modeling, Big Data and Optimization tools for hyper-growing Target.com and Mobile platforms/services.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead Data Scientist, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Execute solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and Machine Learning techniques and statistics
- Deploy data-science and technology based algorithmic solutions to address business needs for Target’s Digital business
- Evaluate new and lead-edge commerce data technologies to determine the effectiveness of the solution and its feasibility of integration with Target’s current Digital commerce platforms
- Implement Natural Language Processing, Latent-Dirichlet Analysis, Topic Modeling, search relevance
- Execute large scale models using Logistic Regression, Linear Models Family (Poisson models, Survival models, Hierarchical models, Naïve-Bayesian estimators), Conjoint Analysis, Spatial models, Time-series models
- M.S. in Mathematics, Advanced Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Econometrics, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience deploying algorithms in a production environment
- Experience designing algorithms on Hadoop ecosystem
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
PhD in Mathematics, Advanced Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Econometrics, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Extensive experience working with large data sets and model within search/ranking, personalization, recommendations, forecasting/times series analysis products/solutions
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture