Lead Design EngineerApply Now Job ID: SUP0008E8 Date posted: 08/29/2018 Location: 9743 - Sunnyvale CA, Sunnyvale, California
The Lead Design Engineer working on the Network Engineering & Automation team will engineer and design world class supply chain automation projects that will result in an enhanced Guest experience by increasing the speed and accuracy of processing of goods through the internal supply chain. The scope of work includes individual automation projects up to new Greenfield building design.
The Lead Design Engineer will be responsible to mentor and coach junior level engineers on collaborative teams to identify and execute new and innovative design solutions. This position will report to the Director of Design Engineering and can be based in the Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale CA) or in Minneapolis MN.
Key Responsibilities - Design Project Engineering:
- Analyze business & operations requirements to generate supply chain automation concepts, develop and present multiple solution options.
- Identify the materials to be handled and determine the throughput & storage requirements.
- Model flow of materials to test throughput and identify any process flow bottlenecks.
- Specify storage solutions based on cubic space need, product velocity and cycle time goals.
- Identify & evaluate supply chain automation & robotics technologies and solution providers
- Create detailed capacity throughput, cycle time, direct and indirect labor cost models
- Create supply chain facility layouts based process requirements and efficient material flows
- Prepare RFP’s (Requests for Proposal), respond to questions, lead reviews, and compare/tabulate bids and make vendor recommendations based upon technical qualifications.
- Collaborate effectively across all internal and external stakeholders including vendors, internal engineering team, operations & facility teams
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 7 or more years of combined experience in plant layout & design, material handling, automation, manufacturing, supply chain, or distribution and logistics industries
- Proven multi-year project management experience implementing multi-million dollar, complex capital equipment & systems, demonstrating influence and leadership.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage several complex projects at the same time with high degrees of variation and uncertainty.
- Candidate must be capable to work with little or no supervision or direction and will be given considerable latitude in decision making.
- Proficiency with standard project planning software applications
- Ability to travel at short notice- up to 15% (varies by project phase)
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture