Lead Machine Learning Engineer - High-Performance Deep Learning and Neural ComputingApply Now Job ID: R0000063096 schedule: Full time Location: 100 Mathilda Pl, Sunnyvale, California, United States, 94086;
JOIN TARGET AS A LEAD MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEER – HIGH PERFORMANCE DEEP LEARNING and NEURAL COMPUTING
Target Data Sciences is revolutionizing the way Target retail uses data. Located in Sunnyvale, CA it’s just across the street from the local train station in the heart of Silicon Valley. Originally opened in 2014, the Sunnyvale office is now home to more than 250 Target AI and HPC team members who work to make Target a more modern data-driven retail company!
The High-Performance Computing Research Group at Target not only aims to enable teams at Target to stream, filter, transform, analyze, and learn from high-bandwidth data in real-time, but also provide tools for data analysts and other team members/technologists to take action on their data streams.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Machine Learning Engineer of the High-Performance Neural Computing team at Target, you’ll study recent developments and implement novel data engineering and machine learning components for high-performance neural computing applications. You’ll also work closely with other data engineers, data scientists and data analysts to guide them to use our high-performance streaming platform to its maximum potential for high-efficiency machine learning. You’ll receive hands-on experience and exposure to designing and building low-latency, high-performance, power-efficient hardware-aware machine learning pipelines at scale.
- Study, architect, and implement new reusable data processing and machine learning components for platform-aware high-performance neural computing
- Optimize existing components for scalability, stability, computational load, speed, latency, etc. depending on the underlying hardware platform
- Document the results, generate comprehensive detailed reports, and communicate the summaries with other team members
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Extensive experience with Machine Learning tools - TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Strong proficiency in Python and coding reusable components
- Exposure to mid-level programing languages such as C/C++
- Computer architecture knowledge
- Ability to use version control tools such as Git
- Proficient with Linux operating system
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Open-Source development experience
- Familiar with recent research on:
- AI chips, Deep Learning hardware, Neuromorphic Computing
- Machine Learning pipelines, TensorFlow Extended (TFX), open neural network exchange format (ONNX)
- Neural architecture search, automated machine learning (AutoML)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture