Principal Data Engineer - PersonalizationApply Now Job ID: BUS0001JY Date posted: 08/28/2018 Location: 9743 - Sunnyvale CA, Sunnyvale, California
JOIN US AS A PRINCIPAL DATA ENGINEER - PERSONALIZATION
As a Principal Data Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to design and architect high quality, flexible, manageable and performant systems and services. You’ll architect solutions that will capture, manage, process and serve small as well as some of the largest data sets in retail technology. The Principal Data Engineer works with business partners to provide technical solutions for business problems in a fast paced environment. Responsibilities will include analyzing, designing, programing, debugging, modifying software for existing and new products used in distributed, large-scale analytics solutions for Target.
We’re looking for a highly motivated engineering professional who will partner with Technical Product Owners and management at one end as well as lead and motivate highly skilled Scrum dev teams on the other – while having fun along the way!
- Lead decision-making process for selection of software products and architecture solutions
- Develop software systems using test driven development employing continuous integration practices
- Mentor and partner with engineers to develop software that meets business needs
- Follow agile methodology for software development and technical documentation
- Innovate constantly and keep systems up to date with current technologies
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or area of study related to data sciences and data mining
- 10+ years of experience in developing software applications at scale
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data technologies - Spark, Druid, Hive and Apex
- Proficient in application/software architecture (Definition, Business Process Modeling, etc.)
- Advanced understand application/software development and design
- Collaborative personality, able to engage in interactive discussions with the rest of the team
- Inquisitive on Big Data technology as well as stay current on new ideas and tools – constant learner
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture