Seasonal Sr. Specialist Guest RetailApply Now Job ID: R0000087113 job family: Guest & Team Member Contact Centers schedule: Full time Location: 8550 S Priest Dr, Tempe, Arizona, United States, 85284;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
The Financial and Retail Services (FRS) organization is close to the action when it comes to communication—whether with guests or Target team members. From guest service professionals and product designers, to vendor managers and financial and workforce management analysts, FRS comprises several key and high-visibility areas that elevate and nurture Target’s distinctive reputation. We cultivate loyalty and satisfaction through exceptional service and support. And we foster a culture of responsive, knowledgeable and committed service—from the inside out—through enterprise services our people can count on.
FRS has multiple service centers focused on delivering a superior experience with every contact and providing the quick and seamless resolution of issues on behalf of our guests and team members. From REDcard® Guest Services to Target.com Guest Services (TGS) and Guest Relations (GR) to the Client Support Center (CSC), we pride ourselves on infusing every interaction with that signature Target service that guests and team members alike have come to expect. From our headquarter locations to our stores and distribution centers, we directly support Target’s bottom line through building guest loyalty as the retailer of choice and taking care of our team members so that they can get back to the work they do best.
As a SeasonalSr. Specialist Guest Retail, you’ll provide a Target-branded experience with every guest interaction by listening, using critical thinking, and advocating for the guest in order to deepen the relationship and drive loyalty and sales. You’ll achieve this by assisting guests across multiple multi-media channels (i.e. phones, emails, social, chat, etc.), finding creative solutions to make it right for the guest, quickly adapting to the changing business needs, and sharing business intelligence through accurate documentation and coding. You’ll learn new technology and solve problems using all available resources and knowledge. You will interact with teams across Target to effectively resolve guest issues in a timely manner, and be responsible for identifying, evaluating and communicating guest trends to leadership promptly. You may handle media sensitive or potential legal issues and situations that involve extensive research or partnership with other key Target leaders. As a part of this you’ll respond to a variety of written correspondence and be responsible for ensuring that all contacts reflect professionalism. You’ll need to adapt quickly to the changing needs of the business while displaying a positive attitude and professionalism in interactions both internally and externally. You’ll demonstrate critical thinking skills by identifying unique guest situations and making decisions appropriately. You’ll leverage online resources and web-based applications to assist and resolve guest and team member issues exercising a complete and thorough understanding of policies and procedures that support compliance. You’ll maintain department performance standards and goals related to performance and quality service. You’ll work in a multi-media environment that’s challenging and fast paced, requiring you to prioritize work accordingly. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Agreeing to the work from a home-based role has some requirements as follows:
- Reside within 60 miles of hiring location (Target Tempe Campus, AZ: 8550 S Priest Dr, Tempe, AZ 85284)
- During remote working arrangements, must have access to internet and a quiet work area where distractions and noise is minimal.
- Must be available to work schedules that may fall between the hours of 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM Central and weekends as business needs require. Schedules may change due to business needs and candidates are expected to have the availability to work the needed hours/days.
- As a seasonal team member you are eligible to work a maximum of 175 days, however length of employment may vary, and may be terminated for any reason and at any time by you or Target.
- High School Diploma or GED; 4 year degree or equivalent experience desired
- 1-2 years of previous guest experience or customer service experience
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, including listening, negotiating and decision making skills
- Ability to interact with guests, team members and internal and external business partners with a professional, friendly, and empathetic style; experience in dealing with escalated guest complaints
- Ability to use various information sources to answer questions, identify problems and appropriately resolve guest issues
- Strong technical skills, ability to work within multiple systems, and high proficiency with PC/Microsoft applications
- Ability to work independently and use a variety of information sources
- Work holidays and weekends as business needs require and flexibility to work hours in accordance with assigned service center
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture