Executive Team Leader (Assistant Store Manager) Bronx, NY (Starting January 2023 & Summer 2023)Apply Now Location: 40 W 225th St, Bronx, New York, United States, 10463-7016; job id: R0000238051
job family: Intern;Store Management
schedule: Full time
This is an entry level position that starts in (January 2023 & June 2023).
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do.
At Target, we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of an Executive Team Leader can provide you with the:
• Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first team culture across the store
• Skills in guest engagement; problem solving and resolution
• Knowledge of retail business fundamentals
• Experience setting and planning department (s) monthly/quarterly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver service and sales goals
• Experience managing a team of hourly team members, leaders and creating business strategies and goals
• Skills in recruiting, selecting and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
As an Executive Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Create a guest-obsessed culture that prioritizes the guest experience and delivers on store sales goals
• Anticipate staffing needs, talent plan and recruit – both long and short term.
• Manage leaders to follow up on training completion, check for understanding, and provide continuous education opportunities.
• Engage in consistent and meaningful development conversations throughout the critical touch points with Team leaders.
• Personalize recognition and appreciation to reinforce critical guest service behaviors and promote a positive team and guest centric culture.
• Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management (observe, recognize and coach) on critical behaviors.
• Understand business reporting and guest insights to understand, troubleshoot and follow up on opportunity areas.
• Quickly respond to any negative guest shopping experience by de-escalating the situation and ensuring your team understands and feels supported to make things right for the guest.
• Create a scheduling plan in partnership with your Team Leaders based off of monthly and weekly business workload and guest traffic.
• Plan, manage and follow-up on organizational and operational change.
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
• As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
• Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
• All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
• Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
• You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be an Executive Team Leader. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong business acumen
• Manage conflict, lead and hold others accountable
• Relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization
• Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
• Learn and adapt to current technology needs
• Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently and with a team
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
• Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
• Interpret instructions, reports and information
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Accurately handle cash register operations and cash transactions
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture