Supply Chain Safety Manager - Topeka, KS or Pueblo, COApply Now Job ID: R0000106303 job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 1100 SW 57th St, Topeka, Kansas, United States, 66609-1261;
0554 Pueblo CO DC,34800 United Ave,Pueblo,Colorado,United States,81001-4882
Serve as a multi-site safety manager supporting regional leadership based in Topeka, KS with support for our building in Pueblo, CO. Responsible for driving safe processes and ensuring compliance to all safety regulations. Responsible for providing safety expertise leveraging lean principles and hierarchy of controls to ensure the safety of our team members. Develop and deliver safe processes through engineering and ergonomic solutions in partnership key stakeholders.
Identify trends and areas of risk within buildings and support operations in corrective measures. Continuously improve the safety culture through instruction and training of Safety and operations leaders on safety programs. Takes direction from Senior Manager of Safety on Safety Continuous Improvement Assessments and Action Plans. Is responsible for assigned building Action Plan completion.
Assess performance, communicate to all levels of management, and ensure safety is incorporated into supply chain processes. Escalates and reports critical issues, compliance gaps and emerging risks to Senior Manager of Safety (SMS).
Maintains safety subject matter expertise and engages local industry resources as appropriate. Provides compliance support to supply chain team and is responsible for representing the building in all HOC/II and HICP protocols.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review metrics and incident details daily/weekly, and monitors, trains, and ensures accurate root cause and corrective measures.
- Coaches, trains, and reviews assigned buildings HICP, HOC/II, and root cause analysis
- Ensure safety programs and rollouts are implemented. Monitor for execution and compliance.
- Utilizes CI tools as appropriate to identify safety solutions for unique processes.
- Perform floor walks to interact with team, audit for compliance and execution of safety programs.
- Assists with specialized safety program development and implementation.
- Solicits feedback and identifies benchmarking opportunities within the industry to identify tools, processes, systems and equipment to reduce the risk of injury.
Compliance and regulatory matters:
- Responsible for having a thorough working knowledge of Federal and State OSHA regulations.
- Ensures safety processes are followed to maintain compliance with regulations.
- Supports the development and follow up of any remediation plans due to safety related citations
- Acts as a subject matter expert resource to building teams on safety related regulatory compliance issues.
- Works closely with other Compliance partners, including Industrial
- Hygiene, Environmental, and Field Compliance Team to address team member health exposure issues that are related to safety enforcement activities.
- Oversees building’s response in the event of significant safety event
- Serve as on-site incident leader in the event of a severe injury
- Associate's Degree/Bachelor’s Degree B.A./B.S. or equivalent of 3-5 years safety experience
- Industry expertise and proven leadership skills
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills (root cause critical thinking)
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to travel as required
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Safety Automation or manufacturing experience
- Supply Chain Operations or Store Operations related experience
- CSP, MBA
- Safety Expertise in Supply Chain
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture