Offsite Warehouse DriverApply Now Job ID: R0000034534 Date posted: 07/22/2019 schedule: Variable Location: 3433 Sepulveda Blvd., Torrance, California, United States, 90505;
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. you’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. We delight our guests with area experts ready to assist with items that are instock and priced accurately ensuring guests have an enjoyable experience both in stores and online.
ALL ABOUT GENERAL MERCHANDISE
Experts of operations, process and efficiency who enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is set, in-stock, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. The General Merchandise and Food Sales team leads inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing, and promotional signing processes for all GM areas of the store. This team leads Food & Beverage, and Food Service, providing a fresh and food safe experience. Experts enable efficient delivery to our guests by owning pick, pack, and ship fulfillment work.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of an Offsite Warehouse Driver can provide you with the:
• Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience supporting a guest first culture across the store
• Experience in retail business fundamentals: department sales trends, inventory management, process efficiency and improvement
• Experience executing daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and deliver on sales goals
As an Offsite Warehouse Driver, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for the transportation, preparation, loading and unloading of product to and from offsite in a safe and efficient manner.
• Complete all required paperwork from vehicle to the offsite such as BOL and the driver vehicle inspection report.
• Maintain the vehicle to ensure safe operation and follow designated routes established by store director for maximum efficiency.
• Pull and backstock product accurately to ensure backroom and location accuracy.
• Operate power equipment only if certified and partner with lead if certification is needed.
• Safely and efficiently operate vehicle(s) following established routes, while following established routines and policies, including not using ant mobile devices while driving.
• Understand and leverage appropriate escalation tools to solve process and/or guest issues; notify leader(s) as needed.
• Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
• All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
• Stocking, Setting and Selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do.
• You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be an Offsite Driver. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must possess Class 4 Driver’s License (Hawaii only).
• Must possess a medical examiner’s certificate.
• Must pass required road test (if applicable for your state) conducted by the store.
• Understand and follow all traffic signs, directions, and signals
• Learn and adapt to current technology needs
• Work both independently and with a team
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
• Climb up and down ladders
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture