FDC Quality Control TechnicianApply Now Location: 1290 Prince Georges Blvd, Upper Marlboro, Maryland, United States, 20774; job id: R0000264296
job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations
schedule: Full time
Under general supervision, responsible for inspection of all incoming product to meet/exceed Target and USDA quality standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for ensuring incoming product meets Target and USDA quality standards. Physical inspection of produce and fruits. Temperature verification on all products. Temperature checks on all incoming trailers Random expiration date checks. Inspecting Packaged Goods & Meats. Support of audits as determined by supervisor.Processing and documenting damaged, expired, and rejected products on the receiving dockCommunication with Buyers for disposition of compromised productCommunication with QA department for validation of questionable reserve aging productAdditional duties as assigned by department supervisor, which may include special projects. Trains in other departments for the purpose of back-up coverage.Responsible for Banana Processing.
- Cheerful and helpful attitude towards team members
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Able to read various correspondence, reports, labels, etc.
- Able to use CRT, personal computer, copy machine, 10 key and other office equipment as needed
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong prioritizing, organization, problem solving and decision making skills; detail and follow-up oriented
- Demonstrates initiative
- Flexible team player; able to change directions quickly.
- Strong guest service orientation
- Interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of the organization, internally and externally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate power equipment safely.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture