Food & Beverage Director (Grocery Director) - Detroit, MIApply Now Job ID: R0000132639 job family: Store Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 28800 Dequindre Rd, Warren, Michigan, United States, 48092-2466;
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience supporting a guest-centric culture in food and beverage areas across a multi-unit market of stores
- Knowledge of food and beverage business fundamentals: department and market sales trends, freshness and quality, inventory management, guest shopping patterns and satisfaction, and pricing and promotions strategies
- Skills in business financials (e.g. payroll, profit and loss) and driving sales growth in food and beverage
- Skills in creating business and market specific strategies by leveraging data and metrics and partnering with a team of store leaders to deliver results in food and beverage areas
- Experience influencing talent strategies in a multi-unit market and building skills in recruiting, selecting, and talent development for exempt leaders in food and beverage
- Ability to influence and provide thoughtful feedback to key partners (e.g. Group/District leadership, HR, HQ) to support company strategies and food and beverage business growth
- Ability to assess market competition, leveraging guest insights and feedback to influence store leadership in making business decisions in food and beverage
As a Food & Beverage Director, you will establish, develop, and lead market-based perishable food and beverage expertise in order to bring company strategies to life. These responsibilities include:
- Drive your business to grow sales
- Support food and beverage operations strategy in assigned market by providing industry expertise and collaboration with peers and group leadership.
- Utilize data and market expertise to influence assortment upstream with HQ merchandising teams.
- Lead implementation and adoption of food and beverage strategy and process changes through store partnerships which deliver on our purpose and growing profitable sales.
- Establish market based goals and execution strategies in partnership with direct to store delivery vendors in order to drive mutual business growth.
Cultivate a guest-centric salesforce to drive sales and efficiency
- Lead and create a service culture utilizing tools and routines that model, train, and coach behavioral expectations to deliver the service standard
- Lead and drive food and beverage execution in stores through teaching and training.
- Collaborate, influence, and support group leadership with resource allocation and prioritization.
- Coach, manage and lead market-based Food & Beverage Coordinators
- Educate at all levels to develop food and beverage acumen and business ownership that drives sales and increases profit.
- Execute food safety strategy in stores by driving field leaders to hold teams accountable to produce and handle safe food and follow up with urgency on identified issues.
- Deliver guest experience through supporting and training store leadership team and Food & Beverage Experts on merchandising, food safety and quality, and ensuring that team members are executing routines and processes.
- Cultivate organizational expertise in food and beverage through assisting in the evaluation, selection, and retention of talent.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
- All other duties based on business needs.
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Food & Beverage Director. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of food and beverage experience
- Lead strategic vision and drive organizational change
- Experience influencing key business partners
- Operate in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
- Proven experience quickly adapting to changing priorities and tasks
- Project and process management/ownership experience
- Work in high intensity situations with composure and ease
- Strong process background as well as critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Establish and maintain cross-functional working relationships
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Food safety and compliance expertise
- Experience supporting stores/field organization
- Training experience
- Supervisory experience
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Must be able to travel within market area
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture