Guest Advocate (Cashier or Front of Store Attendant/ Cart Attendant) (T1139)Apply Now Location: 999 Corporate Dr, Westbury, New York, United States, 11590-6614; job id: R0000248501
job family: Store Hourly - Front End
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do.
ALL ABOUT SERVICE & ENGAGEMENT
Advocates of guest experience who welcome, thank, and exceed guest service expectations by focusing on guest interaction and recovery. Advocates of both physical and digital services and solutions who are knowledgeable about capabilities and features that drive adoption, usage and ultimately guest loyalty. Empowered to make shopping effortless and seamless for guests at the checklanes, guest services, gift registry, pick-up and drive up.
At Target, we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Guest Advocate can provide you with the:
- Ability to communicate and interact with guests to build an inclusive guest experience
- Ability to blend problem solving and decision making to positively impact the guest experience and resolve guest concerns
- Ability to adapt to different guest interactions and situations
- Experience promoting and selling various benefits, offerings and services
As a Guest Advocate, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Create a welcoming experience by authentically greeting, every guest every time.
- Make a connection with guests by engaging in friendly and genuine conversation throughout each transaction; asking open ended questions about the guest’s shopping experience and using those questions to assess, understand, and determine how to tailor your approach.
- Welcome guests into self-checkout and provide assistance as needed.
- Scan and bag all guest items efficiently, neatly, and in compliance with food safety standards and company best practices.
- Work efficiently to minimize guest wait time while maintaining guest service and accuracy.
- Make the guest aware of current and upcoming brand launches, store activities, and events.
- Speak to the benefits of the REDcard with every guest and assist them through the application process.
- Understand and show guests how to use Wallet and the other features and offerings within the Target App.
- Be familiar with all fulfillment services, and know how to direct the guest to enroll, activate, and use them.
- Attempt every return and follow register prompts, be empowered to make it right for the guest while following Targets policies and procedures.
- Make it right for the guest by de-escalating any negative situations and recover the guest shopping experience while following Target’s policies and procedures.
- Deliver easy and seamless service to all Order Pick Up, Drive Up, Registry, and Photo guests.
- Maintain a clean, clutter free work area (including gathering abandoned items, baskets, and hangers)
- Stock supplies during store open hours while being available for the guest.
- Say thank you after every guest interaction and be sure every guest leaves satisfied with their shopping experience.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
- All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- You enjoy interacting with people all day and making things easy for others…. Interacting with guests, solving concerns and making the guests day better is core of what we do
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Guest Advocate. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Communicating effectively, including using positive language and attentive to guests needs
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Willing to educate guests and sell products and services
- Learn and adapt to evolving technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Accurately handle cash register operations and cash transactions
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
- Guest Advocate (Cashier)
- Front of Store Attendant (Cart Attendant)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture