Food and Beverage Coordinator- Long Beach, CAApply Now Location: 16398 Beach Blvd, Westminster, California, United States, 92683-7858; job id: R0000300463
job family: Store Process & Operations
schedule: Full time
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
As a Food & Beverage Coordinator you will drive food and beverage execution and build expertise in stores. In assigned stores, you will leverage market expertise, creativity, resourcefulness and a localized approach to increase overall guest experience, profitable sales, and operational efficiency.
ALL ABOUT FOOD AND BEVERAGE
You support all aspects of a profitable food and beverage business that has one purpose: to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. You utilize your industry knowledge to influence store leaders to execute food and beverage strategies and processes in store. You develop experts to become connoisseurs of their area and support and train teams to consistently deliver sales growth through a clean, safe and rewarding shopping experience. You advance our reputation in food by providing market level expertise to execute and amplify key seasons, holidays, and events. At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Food & Beverage Coordinator can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest-centric culture in food and beverage areas
- Knowledge of food and beverage business fundamentals: department sales trends, freshness and quality, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
- Knowledge of the competition; leveraging guest insights to influence store leadership and food teams to drive business initiatives
- Experience influencing in-store food and beverage departments quarterly workload to support business priorities and deliver on sales goals
- Ability to assess daily business performance and provide store leaders guidance to drive efficiencies in food and beverage departments through in-store walks
As a Food & Beverage Coordinator, you are responsible for the daily business performance of your respective area in your market. These responsibilities include:
Drive your business to grow sales
- Execute food operations strategy in assigned stores.
- Partner with field and store leadership, Store Operations, Merchandising, and other stakeholder groups to champion projects to grow profitable food sales.
- Evaluate, educate, and improve on store conditions, guest experience, operational efficiency, waste reduction, and profitable sales.
- Leverage reporting to evaluate performance in sales, markdowns, inventory productivity, food safety, and other measures.
- Maintain industry knowledge and market trends by benchmarking competitor pricing, promotions, merchandising practices, and processes.
- Utilize innovation, critical thinking, communication, and store partnership to understand and influence food and beverage strategy and process evolution.
- Represent stores and food operations in food localization, including new items, holiday merchandising, and competitor merchandising benchmarking.
- Influence and provide thoughtful feedback to key partners (Team Leaders, ETLs, SDs, and district leadership) to support food and beverage strategy and business growth
Cultivate a guest-centric salesforce to drive sales and efficiency
- Lead and create a service culture utilizing tools and routines that model, train, and coach behavioral expectations to deliver the service standard.
- Drive execution through detailed training and education of store leadership teams and food and beverage experts, including: ordering and managing inventory and supplies, merchandising, freshness, food safety, sampling, and other store controlled processes.
- Drive guest service and profitable sales by assisting stores with guest-centric scheduling and training.
- Drive and deliver a fresh and safe experience through reinforcing food safety processes, training teams to integrate food safety, product rotation, cleaning and sanitation, and freshness into everyday processes.
- Partner with Stores and DSD Vendors to drive DSD sales through on-shelf availability and operational efficiency.
- Maintain compliance with policies and procedures defined by all regulatory agencies.
- Challenge teams to develop staffing and contingency plans that ensure coverage and maintain production and service capabilities.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
- All other duties based on business needs.
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Food & Beverage Coordinator. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years preferred food and beverage experience
- Proven execution skills and ability to drive change
- Operate in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
- Quickly adapt to changing priorities and tasks
- Project and process management/ownership experience
- Work in high intensity situations with composure and ease
- Solution-based mindset with desire to uncover business gaps and solve problems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Build strong working relationships with key partners
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Experience supporting stores/field organization
- Training experience
- Supervisory experience
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Should live in or within driving distance of assigned district market area
- Must be able to travel in assigned district market area
- Lead and create a safety advocacy culture by understanding how safety impacts your role and that of your team, identifying and correcting hazards, and holding team accountable to working in a safe manner to benefit themselves and others
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture