Seasonal TSS StoresApply Now Location: 4317 Kemp Blvd, Wichita Falls, Texas, United States, 76308-3717; job id: R0000264392
job family: Store Hourly - Security & Loss Prevention
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
ALL ABOUT ASSETS PROTECTION
AP teams function to provide a safe and secure environment for our team members and guests, and meet financial goals of shortage and profitability in a Target store. AP teams will do this by leading a physical security and safety culture and responding to crisis events, investigating and resolving theft, and creating awareness and educating team members on operational shortage priorities.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Target Security Specialist can provide you with the:
- Skills using intelligence-led tactics to keep team members and guests safe and secure
- Experience in crisis response, safety and crowd management; providing support to both guests and team members
- Skills in verbal de-escalation
- Ability to utilize Target's video surveillance system
- Ability to properly document cases using industry case management systems
As a Target Security Specialist, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Welcome and engage guests and team members at the front of the store.
- Lead a safety culture for our team members and guests by assessing and maintaining safety standards at the front of store, including exterior property (parking lots).
- Respond to and accurately document security incidents.
- Understand and leverage escalation tools for guest issues in order to provide a safe and secure environment for our team members and guests.
- Submit appropriate documentation in the system for all incidents following AP policy and procedures.
- Understand and appropriately use the video system.
- Model working safely while maintaining a clean store for guests and team members.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
- All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests.
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target.
- Stocking, Setting and Selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do.
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded.
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Target Security Specialist. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Effective communication skills
- Work both independently and with a team
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture