Quality Control Technician - Food Distribution Center - Windsor, CTApply Now Location: 500 Groton Rd, Windsor, Connecticut, United States, 06095-1580; job id: R0000329402
job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations
schedule: Full time
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Working at Target means helping all families discover the joy of everyday life. We bring that vision to life through our values and culture. Learn more about Target here.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of regulatory compliance and legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics, or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We help protect Target by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers, and corporate locations. Here, you will enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with senior leaders and key business partners you support will be key to tackling ever-changing legal challenges and risk-based challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. You will be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.
Food Safety, Quality, & Regulatory (FSQR) means supporting programs and processes that help Target succeed by consistently delivering safe, high quality, and compliant food and beverages. As a Food Distribution Center (FDC) Quality Management Technician, you will support Target’s Food & Beverage strategy in collaboration with Inventory Management/Control and Inbound and Outbound Operations teams. You will be supporting and championing Target FSQR standards and operational methods and procedures at home FDC while complying with FDA/USDA regulatory requirements. You will inspect inbound freight per Target’s food and floral procedures, and ensure inventory quality while managing product first expired, first out (FEFO) rotation. You will have resources available to you as you leverage technology, metrics, reporting, and communication to monitor and drive compliance in this critical area.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Perform food and floral inspections to ensure products meets all required Target specifications
- Anticipate, identify, and react promptly to mitigate product quality risks
- Evaluate quality defects/issues and strong prioritization and, analytical judgement
- Provide timely escalation and manage actionable root cause remediation
- Collaborate with home FDC’s stakeholders to ensure vendor accountability and compliance to Target’s FSQR requirements
- Model and promote a culture which champion Target’s values, competencies and FSQR compliance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Other responsibilities to support the FDC and FSQR teams, as assigned
- Working knowledge and proficiency in quality and food safety principles and practices, and FDA and USDA/Target inspection requirements is preferred
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to read and comprehend department/product documentation
- Ability to perform basic data analysis in excel
- Ability to be trained in powered equipment as needed and use tools such as box cutters and thermometers
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Able to operate computer systems with minimal direction after receiving training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Prolonged exposure to cold temperatures (32-50°) while working within FDC’s
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture