Control Center Technician
The role of the control center tech is to contribute to total building efficiency and Level of Service commitments through supporting the production controller to ensure effective and accurate daily workload, staffing, and communication.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Utilize, analyze, and create reports from multiple reporting tools and data in Excel and Access and other systems as needed, to support Production Controller decisions. Access Target databases to create Excel and Access reports. Manipulate existing reports in Excel and Access.
• Manages trailer movement in and out of inbound doors through the slotting tool and communication with yard management team. Plan slotting of IB trailers using slotting tool, daily forecasts and plans, and knowledge of inbound processing, using guidance from PC. Communicate with dispatch to execute trailer movement and react to slotting plan changes in shift per guidelines.
- Selects trailers for ART and manual dock and slots trailers accordingly; effectively drives decision making during shift regarding volume being sent from different induction points.
• First point of contact for operational issues; analyze inputs to determine issue and contact PC for action/direction.
• First point of contact for mechanical issues; dispatches mechanical support guiding maintenance priorities based on production needs. Analyzes inputs to determine issue and contact E&F OM for action/direction to mechanics. Track timing and coordinate communications between SE, E&F OM, PC, Mechanics, and E&F SOM in escalation process until turnover to System Engineer (SE).
• Understand Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Supervisory Controls and Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA). Interpret information from a number of sources including equipment monitoring tools such as HMIs and SCADA.
• Monitor real-time freight flow and provide feedback to the PC and OMs for key quality measures that impact operational performance and potential future decisions. Interpret information from a number of sources including equipment monitoring tools, Excel, Access, camera footage, PPT, slotting tool, and reports. Use interpretation to recommend OM or TM changes on the floor based on operational playbook and provide recommendation to PC. Pull information from multiple sources and provide updates to PC during shift, as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual recaps to management.
• Access and monitor TVS system; monitor real-time system performance and provide feedback for key quality measures that impact equipment maintenance and performance. Pull information from multiple sources and provide updates to PC during shift, as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual recaps to management.
Communication and Collaboration:
• Pull information from multiple sources and provide monthly, quarterly, and annual recaps to management. Compile information to HQ Equipment Management Team on trends or historical information for failure point to incorporate into system walks and/or preventative maintenance plans.
• Ensure equipment is available for preventative maintenance checks and submit work orders for maintenance needs. Coordinate E&F preventative maintenance scheduled plans between operations, PC, and E&F and share them as appropriate.
• Cooperates with building management and headquarters teams to improve carton flow processes, equipment operation, and provide recommendations on improvements to source technology used in control center and HMI and SCADA systems. Work in partnership with and provide input to vendors to improve process between ICW or SCADA systems, Symbotic, and Target’s WMS.
- Coordinates the first hour of escalations and communicates those escalations with the CSC.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture