reverse logistics job description
All about Target
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You delight our guests in all areas of the store ensuring each guest has an enjoyable experience in our smallest format stores.
All about General Merchandise
Experts of operations, process and efficiency who enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is set, in-stock, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. The General Merchandise and Food Sales team leads inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing, and promotional signing processes for all GM areas of the store. This team leads Food & Beverage, and Food Service, providing a fresh and food safe experience. Experts enable efficient delivery to our guests by owning pick, pack, and ship fulfillment work.
At Target, we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Reverse Logistics Expert can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest first culture across the store
- Experience in retail business fundamentals: department sales trends, pricing and promotion strategies, inventory management, process efficiency and improvement
- Experience supporting daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and deliver on sales goals
As a Reverse Logistics Expert, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Process all inbound store transfers and deliveries using the receive application to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Accurately handle all outbound freight shipments related paperwork; make shipping arrangements when necessary.
- Execute donations, CRC, electronics recycling, transfer orders (store to store and sweeps), salvage and inventory removals (MIR’s) in compliance with all DOT regulations and best methods.
- Identify and handle environmentally sensitive item management (ESIM) in the reverse logistics area in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Complete the ESIM weekly log.
- Process credits and damaged/defective items accurately and in a timely manner to minimize shortage and compliance risk.
- Handle merchandise returns according to company and vendor guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining all invoices and documentation per record retention guidelines pertaining to deliveries, ESIM waste pickups and all outbound
- Follow processes accurately with attention to detail.
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
- All other duties based on business needs.
What we are looking for
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- Stocking, Setting and Selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do.
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Small Format Team Member. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Previous receiving or reverse logistics experience preferred, but not required
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
- Resolve guest questions quickly on the spot
- Attention to detail and follow a multi-step processes
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Willing to use electronic equipment ( ex: electronic pallet jack)
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary.