Recorded Video Interviews
What will the recorded video experience be like?
You will receive an email from Target Careers within 2 hours of your invitation. This will include instructions and a unique link. For the interview, you can use any smartphone, tablet, or computer with a camera.
Before the interview begins you will have the opportunity to test your camera and microphone. Next, you can answer a practice question, watch your response, and adjust if needed.
Once you're ready to begin, you'll be asked a series of questions in which you'll record your response after each individual question. Plan for about 30 minutes in total. Once complete, a Target recruiter or hiring manager will watch your video and get back to you with potential next steps.
Target's Top Tips
Before the interview
- Spend some time thinking about how your skills align with the job requirements. What previous experience, work, school, or otherwise do you have that you can share?
- Find a well-lit, comfortable space, free from distractions.
- Test your technology. Make sure your device is charged, your internet connection is strong, and your camera and microphone are working.
During the interview
- If you are not satisfied with your answer you can rerecord it. You will have a total of 3 attempts per question. Target will only see the final recording.
- Be authentic. Relax, have fun, and let your skills and personality shine.
After the interview
- Target will contact you once your interview has been reviewed. On average it takes 5 business days but can be much quicker.
- If it has been longer than a week and you want to follow up on the status of your interview contact HR at the location you applied to or the Recruiter who invited you to the video interview.
The Recorded Video Interview will have a video, audio, and timing component. If you need an accommodation, please contact your Target recruiter or reach out to the Target location that you are applying to and ask to speak with Human Resources. Target is committed to accommodating candidates who need assistance with the interview process.